ProQual Level 2 Diploma in Understanding the Safe Use of Online and Social Media Platforms in Islamabad
The Level 2 Diploma in Understanding the Safe Use of Online and Social Media Platforms addresses the issue of online safety when accessing and interacting with social media platforms. The qualification aims to:
• raise candidates’ awareness of online threats,
• develop knowledge and skills to use social media resources effectively, and search for information online
• raise awareness of cyberbullying issues
The awarding body for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). The specification for the qualification has been approved by the Welsh Government for use by centres in Wales and by the Council for the Curriculum Examinations and Assessment (CEA) for use by centres in Northern Ireland.
The qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Candidates could progress to higher level qualifications in IT user skills or use these qualifications to progress in their chosen specialist area.
Level 2 Diploma in Understanding the Safe Use of Online
and Social Media Platforms
ProQual Level 2 Diploma in Understanding the Safe Use
of Online and Social Media Platforms
Ofqual qualification number 601/3410/0
Level Level 2
Total qualification time 450 hours
Guided learning hours 330
Pass or fail
Internally assessed and verified by centre staff
External quality assurance by ProQual verifiers
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
Centres should carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify
any gaps and help plan the assessment.
Candidates must complete all of the Mandatory units.
Using social media technologies
Understand the safe use of online and social media platforms
Know how to publish, integrate and share using social media
Understand how to search online and social media resources
Understanding the risks of cyber bullying when using social media platforms
Understanding the risks to personal information when using online and social media platforms
Understanding the safe use of online and social media platforms
Understanding social media for business
Centers must be approved to offer this qualification. If your center is not approved please complete and submit form ProQual Additional Qualification Approval Application.
Staff delivering this qualification must be appropriately qualified and/or occupationally competent.
Assessors/Internal Quality Assurance
For each competence-based unit centres must be able to provide at least one assessor and one internal quality assurance verifier who are suitably qualified for the specific occupational area.Assessors and internal quality assurance verifies for competence-based units or qualifications will normally need to hold appropriate assessor or verifier qualifications, such as:
• Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
• Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
• Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
• Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
• Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
Support for Candidates
Materials produced by centres to support candidates should:
• enable them to track their achievements as they progress through the learning outcomes and assessment criteria;
• provide information on where ProQual’s policies and procedures can be viewed;
• provide a means of enabling Internal and External Quality Assurance staff to authenticate evidence