OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management
In the dynamic field of health and social care, effective management and leadership play a vital role in ensuring the delivery of high-quality services. To meet the growing demand for skilled professionals in this sector, OTHM (Organization for Tourism and Hospitality Management) offers the Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management. This prestigious qualification equips individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in healthcare leadership roles.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management is designed for individuals who aspire to or currently hold senior management positions within the health and social care industry. It provides a comprehensive understanding of contemporary issues and challenges faced by managers in this sector and empowers them to make informed decisions, lead change, and drive organizational success.
This diploma is its emphasis on the practical application of knowledge. Students engage in real-world case studies, interactive discussions, and project work, enabling them to develop the critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills required for effective leadership. The program also integrates academic theory with practical experience, ensuring that learners are well-prepared to tackle the complex issues encountered in the field.
The Level 7 Diploma curriculum covers a wide range of topics relevant to health and social care management. These include strategic planning, resource management, financial management, quality assurance, policy development, and risk management. Students also explore the ethical and legal considerations involved in healthcare management, as well as the role of leadership in motivating and inspiring teams.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management is an investment in one’s professional growth and a testament to their dedication to improving healthcare services. It offers a comprehensive and industry-relevant curriculum, practical learning experiences, and flexible study options, all aimed at nurturing the next generation of healthcare leaders.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 21 years old or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
The OTHM Level 7 diplomas on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) are at the same level as master’s degrees. However, they are shorter (120 credits) and learners will have to proceed to the dissertation stage (60 credits) with university to achieve a full masters programme.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Health and Social Care Leadership (20 credits)
- Managing People in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Managing Finance in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Health and Social Care Strategies and Policies (20 credits)
- Leading Change in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Research Methods for Healthcare Professionals (20 credits)
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management is an invaluable qualification for individuals seeking to advance their careers in healthcare leadership. With its focus on practical application, comprehensive curriculum, and flexible study options, this diploma equips graduates with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in senior management positions.