Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management in Islamabad
The level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is a qualification for aspiring health and safety professionals. It is aimed at learners who are responsible for developing and applying health and safety procedures day-to-day in an organisation. They are likely to be managers looking to improve their knowledge and skills. The Diploma is designed to provide learners with the expertise required to undertake a career as a health and safety practitioner and it also provides a sound basis for progression to postgraduate study.
The Qualifi Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management comprises four units in total. All units are mandatory, and all units cover a number of topics relating to learning outcomes
1.Principles of Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management and Regulation
2.Occupational Health and Safety in Organisations
3.Risk Management and Control in Occupational Health and Safety
4.Working with Hazards and Emergencies in Occupational Health and Safety
• A minimum of a Level 5 qualification in a related sector
• A minimum of 3 years’ work experience which demonstrates current and relevant industry knowledge.
• In certain circumstances, students with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the program.
Further Progression or Links
Learners completing the QUALIFI Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management can progress to:
• A QUALIFI Level 7 Diploma
• Directly into employment in an associated profession
Language of Assessment
The qualification is assessed in English only.
Scheme of Assessment
Assessment for Level 6 Diploma is written examinations for each unit separately. The written examinations test knowledge, understanding and the application of learning. Assessments may be completed in any order.
Paper A and B
All questions are compulsory, total marks are 150 & passing marks are 50%.
Total question 10 in two formats i.e.
• Short answer 5 questions (10 marks each)
• Long answer 5 questions (20 marks each)
Assessment time = Max 4 hours
The question paper will be the same for all learners
The learner can complete units 1 & 2 separately or combine.
If a candidate’s performance in any unit is lower than pass, a candidate may re-sit within two years by paying an appropriate fee.