Level 3 Diploma in Steel Erecting in Islamabad
The aim of this qualification is to recognise the knowledge, skills and competence of individuals who specialise in steel erecting in the construction and engineering industries. The awarding organisation for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).This qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
ProQual Level 3 Diploma in Steel Erecting
Ofqual qualification number 603/2366/8
Level Level 3
Total qualification time 420
Guided learning hours 205
Assessment Pass or fail
Internally assessed and verified by centre staff
External quality assurance by ProQual verifiers
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
Centres should carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment.
Candidates must complete all of the Mandatory units; candidates may also complete any of the Additional Units.
K/602/6329 Contribute to effective working relationships in steel erection
K/602/6332 Work safely and minimise risk in steel erection
M/602/6333 Identify and deal with hazards and emergencies in steel erection
M/616/4308 Prepare structural leads for moving and installing
T/616/4309 Move structural steel sections
A/602/6335 Install structural steelwork components
J/602/6337 Work safely at height on steel structures
L/602/6338 Assemble bolted joints in structural steelwork
K/66/4310 Determine technical requirements for steel erecting
M/616/4311 Determine resource requirements for steel erecting
Centres must be approved to offer this qualification. If your centre is not approved please complete and submit form ProQual Additional Qualification Approval Application.
Staff delivering this qualification must be appropriately qualified and occupationally competent.
Assessors/Internal Quality Assurance
For each competence-based unit centres must be able to provide at least one assessor and one internal verifier who are suitably qualified for the specific occupational area. Assessors and internal verifiers for competence-based units or qualifications will normally need to hold appropriate assessor or verifier qualifications, such as:
• Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
• Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
• Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
• Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
• Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
Support for Candidates
Materials produced by centres to support candidates should:
• enable them to track their achievements as they progress through the learning outcomes and assessment criteria;
• provide information on where ProQual’s policies and procedures can be viewed;
• provide a means of enabling Internal and External Quality Assurance staff to authenticate evidence