Level 2 Certificate in Computerized Accounting in Islamabad
This qualification is appropriate for anyone using computerized accounting software in a business context.
Topics include double entry bookkeeping, opening balances and journals, sales and purchase ledgers, bank and petty cash transactions, trial balance, data security, trade and settlement discounts, credit control, private use, fixed assets and budget control, producing sales invoices and credit notes.
The awarding organisation for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). The specification for these qualifications has been approved by the Welsh Government for use
by centres in Wales.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however, candidates may benefit from the achievement of ProQual Level 2 Award in Accounting Knowledge. Centres should carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps
and help plan the assessment.
ProQual Level 2 Certificate in Computerised Accounting
Ofqual qualification number 603/1263/4
Total Qualification Time 50 hours (26 GLH)
Assessment Pass or fail
Internally assessed and verified by centre staff
External quality assurance by ProQual verifiers
Candidates must complete ONE Mandatory unit:
H/615/4945 Computerised Accounting
Centres must be approved to offer this qualification. If your centre is not approved please complete and submit form ProQual Additional Qualification Approval Application.
Staff delivering this qualification must be appropriately qualified and occupationally competent.
Assessors/Internal Quality Assurance
For each competence-based unit centres must be able to provide at least one assessor and one internal quality assurance verifier who are suitably qualified for the specific occupational area. Assessors and internal quality assurance verifiers for competence-based units or qualifications will normally need to hold appropriate assessor or verifier qualifications, such as:
• ProQual Level 3 Certificate in Teaching, Training and Assessing
• Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
• Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
• Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
• Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
• Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
Support for Candidates
Materials produced by centres to support candidates should:
• enable them to track their achievements as they progress through the learning
outcomes and assessment criteria;
• provide information on where ProQual’s policies and procedures can be viewed;
• provide a means of enabling Internal and External Quality Assurance staff to authenticate evidence