Level 2 Award in Youth Mental Health First Aid Awareness in Islamabad
The Level 2 Award in Youth Mental Health First Aid Awareness is appropriate for individuals working in all sectors and aims to develop knowledge and understanding of mental health issues in young people.The awarding organisation for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).
This qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework.
ProQual Level 2 Award in Youth Mental Health First Aid
Awareness Ofqual qualification number 603/4541/X
Level Level 2
Total qualification time
20 Hours (15 GLH)
Assessment Pass or fail
Internally assessed and verified by centre staff
External quality assurance by ProQual verifiers
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
Centres should carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment.
Candidates must complete the Mandatory unit.
Mandatory Unit Reference
Number Unit Title
Youth Mental Health First Aid Awareness
Centres must be approved to offer this qualification. If your centre is not approved please complete and submit form ProQual Additional Qualification Approval Application.
Staff delivering this qualification must be appropriately qualified and occupationally
Assessors/Internal Quality Assurance
For each competence-based unit centres must be able to provide at least one assessor and one internal quality assurance verifier who are suitably qualified for the specific occupational area.Assessors and internal quality assurance verifiers for competence-based
units or qualifications will normally need to hold appropriate assessor or verifier qualifications, such as:
• Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
• Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
• Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
• Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
• Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
Support for Candidates
Materials produced by centres to support candidates should:
• enable them to track their achievements as they progress through the learning outcomes and assessment criteria;
• provide information on where ProQual’s policies and procedures can be viewed;
• provide a means of enabling Internal and External Quality Assurance staff to authenticate evidence