Level 1 Certificate in Customer Service in Islamabad
The Level 1 Certificate in Customer Service qualification provides a nationally recognised qualification for anyone who is working or wants to work in a customer-facing role. The qualification will develop basic knowledge and skills such as communication, customer service and working in a business environment.
The awarding body for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). The specification for this qualification has been approved by the Welsh Government for use by centres in Wales and by the Council for the Curriculum Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) for use by centres in Northern Ireland.
The qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
Level 1 Certificate in Customer Service
Qualification title : ProQual Level 1 Certificate in Customer Service
Ofqual qualification number :601/4755/6
Total qualification time :230 hours
Guided learning hours : 143
Assessment :Pass or fail
Internally assessed and verified by centre staff
External quality assurance by ProQual verifiers
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
Centres should carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment.
Candidates must achieve 23 credits:
• 14 credits from the Mandatory units in Group A, plus
• a minimum of 6 credits from Optional Group B
• a maximum of 3 credits may be from Optional Group C
Group A Mandatory Units – complete all units
Understand working in a customer service environment
Communication in customer service
Principles of personal performance and development
Principles of working in a business environment
Work with others in a business environment
Group B Optional Units – a minimum of 6 credits
Record details of customer service problems
Communicate with customers in writing
Deal with incoming telephone calls from customers
Make telephone calls to customers
Process information about customers
Group C Optional Units – a maximum of 3 credits
Manage time and workload
Meet and welcome visitors in a business environment
Contribute to sales activities in a contact centre
Use specific features of contact centre systems and technology
Health and Safety Procedures in the Workplace
Processing sales orders
Meeting customers’ after sales needs
Centres must be approved to offer this qualification. If your centre is not approved please complete and submit form ProQual Additional Qualification Approval Application.
Staff delivering this qualification must be appropriately qualified and/or occupationally competent.
Assessors/Internal Quality Assurance
For each competence-based unit centres must be able to provide at least one assessor and one internal quality assurance verifier who are suitably qualified for the specific occupational area. Assessors and internal quality assurance verifiers for competence-based units or qualifications will normally need to hold appropriate assessor or verifier qualifications, such as:
• Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
• Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
• Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
• Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
• Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
Support for Candidates
Materials produced by centres to support candidates should:
• enable them to track their achievements as they progress through the learning outcomes and assessment criteria;
• provide information on where ProQual’s policies and procedures can be viewed;
• provide a means of enabling Internal and External Quality Assurance staff to authenticate evidence