Incident Investigation & Root Cause Analysis Course in Islamabad
Incidents occur every day in workplaces all over the world. Discovering the causes of accidents and incidents can help prevent their recurrence. A systematic and thorough accident investigation is the best means to discover the causes of accidents. The objective of this course is to gain a basic understanding of the many benefits of incident/accident investigation, and most importantly accident prevention. During the course, participants will learn the basic causes of accidents and how to conduct an incident investigation. In addition, participants will be able to identify the goals of incident investigation, the difference between major and minor incidents and how to categorize them. The course will also cover the direct, indirect, and root causes of accidents along with the basic steps in the incident-accident investigation.
• Introduction to Incidents and Accidents
• Statistics – costs of incidents-accidents
• Investigation for prevention
• Why do incidents occur
• Describe and implement accident investigation procedures
• The scale of the problem
• Key elements associated with the investigation process.
• Involved parties in an incident investigation
• Defining Immediate and indirect causes of accidents
• Demonstrate an ability to reach practical conclusions and recommendations
• Corrective action plan and recommendation reporting
• Reporting and Investigation requirements
• Legislative requirements associated with specific types of acci-dents and incidents.
• Collection of facts and evidence
• Reaching conclusions and taking action
• Recording evidence/electronic reporting
• Successful Investigations
• Interview Guidelines
• Group Exercises and case studies.